Thursday 3 January 2013

Spicy Baked Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes

I have found a new FAV side dish! Even my husband who refuses to eat cauliflower, had seconds of this. Here is the link to this recipe.  http://paleomg.com/spicy-baked-cauliflower-sweet-potatoes/  i hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!




Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 3-4
 
Ingredients
  • 1 head of cauliflower, stem and leaves removed, roughly chopped,
  • 1 sweet potato, diced
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 4 tablespoons fat of choice, melted (i used bacon fat)
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper ( i only used 1/4 tsp and it was enough)
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • (I added crushed garlic and I'm sure you could add whatever other spices you like such as tumeric, curry, etc.)

NOTE: I had left over red and yellow pepper in the fridge so I cut it up in chunks and added that too. I'm sure you could add chunks of zuchinni and/or mushrooms to this !

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Add all ingredients to a 9×13 glass baking dish. Mix well.
  3. Place in oven to cook for 30-35 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.(if you have BIG chunks you are going to need more cooking time)
  4. Eat up! Oh you so spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment