Sunday 9 September 2012

Homemade Paleo Chocolate


I FINALLY made this today and I'm so glad I did! this is simple and delicious!  (the ones below are what i made using a mini muffin tin (about 1/2 tbsp choc in each) with slivered almonds and the other small ones are my little dollar store mold.




Ingredients:
3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
3 tablespoons almond butter
4 tablespoons pure organic cocopowder
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used orange extract!)
1-2 tablespoons organic or raw honey (this depends on your taste and how sweet you would like it) - i found 1 tablespoon was enough
Extra: Almonds, Walnuts, Brazil nuts…whatever you love!

SEE NOTE BELOW AT END!!!
Here is a link to the video that I used from Rocofit.com (LOVE that website!)
Mix all the ingredients together using a double boiler OR a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water (1-2 inches of water in the pot)
Place in a tin or in separate moulds and freeze for 20 minutes
Be creative! Add your favourite nuts, shredded coconut, whatever you like that will still keep it healthy.
This is a an amazing treat and is far better than any store bought chocolate because you know exactly what’s in it.  Don’t be shy with the cocoapowder, it’s full of antioxidants!
Enjoy!
NOTE:  Since I posted this, I found this comment where another follower made these changes to the recipe...I tried it and prefer her changes as follows:

Double the recipe and use 2 parts coconut oil to 1 part almond butter -so 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup nut butter. I found when I made them equal it was a bit too soft for my preferences and was more like fudge than a chocolate bar.

Use 2 T honey for a doubled recipe and add to the bowl 1/2 – 3/4 cup lightly-salted unshelled pumpkin seeds - stretches the recipe out, plus the crunch is amazing! 
So it’s more like a bark than a chocolate bar that way, but it is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment