Monday 4 June 2012

Muffin in a Mug


I make one of these every week!!! Makes me feel like I’m cheating and having a muffin!! So good and fast

3 Tbsp ground flax
1 tsp cinnamon (or more)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coconut oil (or butter and/or apple sauce)
1 envelope stevia (optional) – I often use honey instead
1 egg.

(lately, i have been adding almost 1 Tbsp of almond flour for a heartier muffin)
Mix all in deep cup (I used a soup cup- as it will OVERFLOW if you don’t use something bigger than a coffee cup), microwave 50-65 sec depending on your microwave. (if adding extra ingredients might put it few seconds longer)

To this I sometimes add about an inch of banana chopped up small and a few walnuts chopped. I have also added a few blueberries (however they do sink to the bottom of the cup EVERY time), couple HEAPING tsp cocoa, or tsp of almond butter, applesauce, canned coconut milk (to make more moist) anything !!! as you can see, you can put whatever you want in it……hope you like! – you might want to play around with this one J

I’ve made it before without anything sweet and added some garlic and onion powder and made it into a bun for my burger…………..it is quite thick so i've cut it into three layers and only use 2 layers for a burger bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment