Yield 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream (milk/ greek yogurt or half and half OR coconut milk)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot curry paste
1. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and peppers, and cook until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in cooked chicken and garlic, and sprinkle with sugar. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes, then stir in maple syrup, and cook for about 5 more minutes, until caramelized.
2. Stir in curry paste and heavy cream, and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
3. Serve over rice, couscous, penne, grated cauliflower, julienned zuchinni