Saturday 19 May 2012

Banana Walnut Muffins



  • 3 eggs
  • ¼ cup coconut oil (I bought the Nutiva brand, you could probably use butter NOT margarine)
  • 2 medium bananas (I used 2.5 RIPE ones)
  • 3 dates, pitted (I used 4 dates and soaked them in a little bit of hot water )
  • 10 drops stevia (this is a natural sugar – I used the hot water from the dates in place of this)
  • ¼ cup coconut flour (bulk barn)
  • ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
(I’m sure you could throw in a handful of blueberries too – I LOVE blueberries)
  1. Place eggs, oil, bananas, dates and stevia in a blender or food processor; blend on medium speed until combined
  2. Add in coconut flour, salt and baking soda and blend until smooth
  3. Fold in walnuts
  4. Scoop ¼ cup batter into a lined muffin pan (I got 9 muffins)
  5. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes (my batch took 30 minutes; all ovens are slightly different)
  6. Cool and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment